Saturday, December 04, 2010
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Walking, walking, running!!!!! as of yesterday, video & Pics to follow!!!
Posted by Nicole at 9:51 AM
Friday, April 24, 2009
Well I am finally getting a quiet moment (as long as Andy stays asleep) to post about Andy's birthday. It is so amazing to think it has been a whole year with my little Angel. I started thinking at 9:15 am on the 15th about my water breaking, then throughout the day I was thinking "we were at the hospital" Tony was going to get Chinese food, I was asking for the anesthesiologist---again. When I went to bed on the 15th I thought "man this thing was still going" I woke up on the 16th and thought "I can't believe it is still going on this long" Into the morning I kept thinking "4 hours", "2 hours" and "I was pushing at this time" All of the sudden it was 11:41 am & he was officially 1 year old. Then Tony & I were remembering the first day in the hospital, taking him home & so on. What a crazy ride.
About Andy's Birthday party. First I have to thank my sister & family for their gift. They sent Andy money so we could party hardy. I also picked out a Barney doll with the money, and he loves it since he is such a Barney freak! On Thursday (his actual) we visited Chuck E. Cheese to see the show & play around a little-loved it-not scared of Chuck E!
On Saturday we had a few of Andy's friends over to party-for all those inquiring minds out there-YES we had pizza-Thanks Sis
Posted by Nicole at 5:01 PM
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I don't usually rant (on my blog-at least) Of course those who know me well, know I can rant with the best of them. I am in sales after all. So, today I shall rant. Oh! Oh! where do I start. I fume so bad sometimes my mind is all a scramble. I guess it starts with Earth Day-what the hell is this??? One day a year to be good to planet Earth? Shut up I say- why practice one day-what is THAT going to do? Just let the world go to hell one more day a year.
Lets go back to high school when I was in the Ecology club or that short stint in college where I had declared Ecology as my major (until I was knee high in some backwoods swamp with spiders the size of dinner plates & snakes swimming by) Ok, how about Interior Design-ahhh better. I have practiced saving the Earth everyday since way back. I recycle everything, turn off lights, stop drafts, blah, blah, blah. But I guess I get steamed about Earth Day the way my husband gets steamed about Valentines Day. We are forced to do something. Not because you want to save the planet, not because you want your child to drink clean water in the future. Not because you don't want your grandchildren to be born with 3 eyes & a horn; because it is trendy. YOU SUCK. I think using more paper & ink & gas to deliver these stupid advertisements for Earth Day has done far more harm than good. Everywhere I looked today I saw some new crap for Earth Day. How about Reduce-not produce more crap (no we need new logos & slogans on those ads). How about reuse this crap next year (no we will need a new message & flashier sh*t). How about Recycle (too hard-easier to throw them in the trash). YOU SUCK TOO! Earth Day has become one more trendy holiday to get people to buy crap they probably will not reuse or recycle. I have an idea...take your family to a nature preserve, a state or national park, show them what this Earth truly has to offer & why we need to protect it; each day, each minute & each second. Might I suggest the Hillsborough River State Park, beautiful hiking, canoing, birdwatching & the clean clear sounds of nature. Hopefully sans the spiders & snakes. I can't wait to read the comments on this one. Happy Earth Day!
Posted by Nicole at 11:39 PM
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Had a great time last Saturday at my friend Cami's new house (which is beautiful)for some much needed scrapbooking. I got to hang out with the greatest friends one can ask for-thanks guys-love ya!
I have found myself a new job. I will start around the end of April/First of May at an apartment complex, helping people find their new home. Sad to be leaving Andy-as Forrest Gump would say-"That's all I have to say about that"-
We went to the YMCA's Brunch with bunny here is the greatest little pic
Posted by Nicole at 7:18 AM
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
There comes a time (like the last week) when I look at my little guy and say "He's no longer a baby...he's a little boy" Sigh when did that happen? We are only a few weeks until his birthday. Can I cry yet, or do I have to wait until the actual day? Moms out there chime in.
Posted by Nicole at 9:59 PM
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Monday, March 09, 2009
Posted by Nicole at 10:48 AM
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
I had the most special time planned for my birthday. Since times have been rough I was so happy to see that Disney was giving you free admission on your birthday. So I planned to go there with Andy to celebrate not only my birthday but it would also be his first trip. Here was the itinerary:
Tram from parking lot (Andy loves the tram @ Busch Gardens)
Guest Services (Happy Birthday & First Visit buttons)
Get Mickey Mouse Ears with Andy's name
People Mover (OK I know they changed it's name ages ago-I don't care)
Toon Town (picture with Mickey)
Lunch (Build your own burger-yum!)
Winnie the Pooh
It's a Small World
3pm Dream Come True Parade (get mickey mouse ears balloon)
Bear Country Jamboree
Frozen Mickey Mouse ears Ice Cream (a Tradition)
Heartbreak & Toebreak the day before we left
Have you ever seen a 34 year old cry because they couldn't go to Disney World? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Happy Valentines Day Everybody!
Made these for Andy to give to his little friends
There is a tag inside that reads: To guess his name, play the game...
The name for the tag rhymes with whats in the bag (Candy/Andy)
There are 4 spaces on the tag for his name
Posted by Nicole at 5:23 PM
Thursday, January 29, 2009
A Big Monster, A Big Purple Monster...by the name of Barney.
Andy absolutely loves him, and it makes him so happy, and it gives me a few free minutes, and he doesn't fuss as much. So, how bad can it be?
Posted by Nicole at 2:02 PM
Monday, January 19, 2009
God, where have I been? December 15th? That was last year! Well Happy New Year to all. I have some great new photos to post soon. As for me I am just looking for a job, hanging in there day by day. Andy & I have been enjoying the zoo & Busch Gardens since the weather has been so beautiful (high in the 70's) Sorry to all you people in the frigid north, time to move to Florida. Oh, & while you are at it buy some Real Estate so our market will recover! Updates coming soon.
Posted by Nicole at 7:43 AM
Monday, December 15, 2008
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Today is my Mother's Birthday. Happy Birthday, I know it will be great, Andy is going for a visit. We love you Nonnie!
Posted by Nicole at 7:59 AM
Posted by Nicole at 7:51 AM
Posted by Nicole at 7:42 AM
Posted by Nicole at 7:36 AM
Saturday, November 08, 2008
There comes a point, like the calm before the storm, when you look at your baby rocking back & forth on his hands & knees & know that crawling is immanent. You look around at "Stuff" sitting on the floor, at outlets uncovered, power cords dangling, scrapbook stuff & innocent dogs lying on the floor in peace & think OMG-we are in deep doo doo! I want to apologize now to our dogs, Ollie & Emmie, for the upcoming torture they will likely endure.
Posted by Nicole at 7:23 PM
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Posted by Nicole at 8:42 PM
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Here are the pictures from our trip to Portland. We got to visit with Tony's family, see some apple orchards, & see Roloff Farms (from the show Little People, Big World on TLC). Can I just say how nice the Roloffs are. They were so welcoming & genuine. Their farm is gorgeous-a fun place to visit. We also got to visit some friends. Thank you Steve & Gail for your great hospitality!
Posted by Nicole at 11:43 AM
Monday, October 20, 2008
We are in Portland Oregon right now on vacation. I will update you soon on some exciting (at least for me) news-one quick hint. Roloff!
Posted by Nicole at 10:38 AM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
We all know there are some questions floating around about the safety of plastics. Even my Pediatrician mentioned not using certain plastic baby bottles. I thought I would post a great link from the Oregon Environmental Council on plastics. Visit for a quick guide to plastics
Posted by Nicole at 12:16 PM
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
I must tell you a crazy story. 8/8/08-my parents cat, Shadow (who is a hermaphrodite-I know you wanted to know that) went out in the morning with my Dad to get the paper. Shadow then stayed outside to do her "business" as usual. She must have strayed off & never came back. My parents were pretty upset.
Flash forward to Saturday night (9/13/08) Tony & I went to my parents for dinner. After dinner we went to out old house (in the same neighborhood as my parents) to clear out some things. On the way we stopped to help a boy catch his dog & picked up a free playset that someone was giving away. We unloaded the playset, reloaded the car & headed back to my parents to pick up Andy. Half way there a cat runs in front of the car & I yell "Holy S**t" "That's Shadow-stop the car" I started calling Shadow, Kitty. She started coming toward me but when I stepped toward her she stopped. I was so afraid she was going to run into the woods & be lost forever. So, I sat down on the sidewalk & called her. This time she came close enough that I grabbed the scruff on the back of her neck. Then I started saying to Tony, "get in the car, get in the car." He had to then get out again to close my door because I wasn't going to let go of the cat & take a chance on losing her. When we got to my parents house Tony opened the door & told my parents we had a surprise for them. I walked in with cat in arms. My Mother said "That's not Shadow!" I was freaked I thought I had kidnapped someones cat. Then tears welled up in her eyes & she sort of lumbered toward me, I knew she realized it was Shadow. Since she was holding Andy I told her to give the baby to Tony. Dad had to go get a new litter box & food at the grocery because they had thrown them out that week, thinking she was never coming back. After he got back we had dessert & what a celebration ensued that night. Welcome Home Kitty, I guess you used one of those 9 lives!
Posted by Nicole at 8:51 PM
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Tony & I have been feeling like we are on a whirlwind. So, we have decided to do a tech fast next weekend, which is basically laying off technology for 48 hours. So from Friday (9/12/08) 6pm to Sunday (9/14/08) 6pm we will be unplugged, here are our rules.
1. No TV (Unless there is an immediate threat from a hurricane, then The Weather Channel is occasionally permissible to receive updates)
2. No computers, laptops, blackberries, PDAs (must be in the off position)
3. No Radio (MP3, iPod, XM, Cds or other music is also not permitted)
4. No Phones-home or cell (cell phones will be allowed to remain on in case of emergency. Anyone calling to chat will have calls returned after the fast ends)
I think that is it-sometimes you just have to slow down & quiet your mind, ya know? I will give a full report of the weekend after the fast.
Posted by Nicole at 10:45 PM
Friday, August 29, 2008
Can we talk about compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)? I am all for saving the planet, have been since I was about 15.
I have recycled since 1993 when I had to haul my stuff to USF.
I hauled all of my recycling from Zephyrhills to Carrollwood.
I reduce, reuse, recycle.
I use reusable bags at the stores.
I take my hazardous materials to a dropoff location on the first Saturday of the month
I drive a gas guzzler & hate it (get a Volkswagen-you'll love it)
I changed to compact fluorescent light bulbs
This is where I have to put the breaks on. Two nights ago while changing a light bulb in my 4 month old son's room I broke a CFL. Did you know they contain mercury-that stuff that causes neurological problems, linked to autism & a host of other problems. Did you know you have to treat it as a hazardous spill? Here is the cleanup instructions from the EPA
What to Do if a Fluorescent Light Bulb Breaks
Compact fluorescent lights (CFLs) are lighting more homes than ever before, and EPA is encouraging Americans to use and recycle them safely. Carefully recycling CFLs prevents the release of mercury into the environment and allows for the reuse of glass, metals and other materials that make up fluorescent lights.
EPA is continually reviewing its clean-up and disposal recommendations for CFLs to ensure that the Agency presents the most up-to-date information for consumers and businesses. Maine's Department of Environmental Protection released a CFL breakage study report Exit EPA Disclaimer on February 25, 2008. EPA has conducted an initial review of this study and, as a result of this review, we have updated the CFL cleanup instructions below.
Pending the completion of a full review of the Maine study, EPA will determine whether additional changes to the cleanup recommendations are warranted. The agency plans to conduct its own study on CFLs after thorough review of the Maine study.
Fluorescent light bulbs contain a very small amount of mercury sealed within the glass tubing. EPA recommends the following clean-up and disposal below. Please also read the information on this page about what never to do with a mercury spill.
Before Clean-up: Air Out the Room
* Have people and pets leave the room, and don't let anyone walk through the breakage area on their way out.
* Open a window and leave the room for 15 minutes or more.
* Shut off the central forced-air heating/air conditioning system, if you have one.
Clean-Up Steps for Hard Surfaces
* Carefully scoop up glass pieces and powder using stiff paper or cardboard and place them in a glass jar with metal lid (such as a canning jar) or in a sealed plastic bag.
* Use sticky tape, such as duct tape, to pick up any remaining small glass fragments and powder.
* Wipe the area clean with damp paper towels or disposable wet wipes. Place towels in the glass jar or plastic bag.
* Do not use a vacuum or broom to clean up the broken bulb on hard surfaces.
Clean-up Steps for Carpeting or Rug
* Carefully pick up glass fragments and place them in a glass jar with metal lid (such as a canning jar) or in a sealed plastic bag.
* Use sticky tape, such as duct tape, to pick up any remaining small glass fragments and powder.
* If vacuuming is needed after all visible materials are removed, vacuum the area where the bulb was broken.
* Remove the vacuum bag (or empty and wipe the canister), and put the bag or vacuum debris in a sealed plastic bag.
Clean-up Steps for Clothing, Bedding and Other Soft Materials
* If clothing or bedding materials come in direct contact with broken glass or mercury-containing powder from inside the bulb that may stick to the fabric, the clothing or bedding should be thrown away. Do not wash such clothing or bedding because mercury fragments in the clothing may contaminate the machine and/or pollute sewage.
* You can, however, wash clothing or other materials that have been exposed to the mercury vapor from a broken CFL, such as the clothing you are wearing when you cleaned up the broken CFL, as long as that clothing has not come into direct contact with the materials from the broken bulb.
* If shoes come into direct contact with broken glass or mercury-containing powder from the bulb, wipe them off with damp paper towels or disposable wet wipes. Place the towels or wipes in a glass jar or plastic bag for disposal.
Disposal of Clean-up Materials
* Immediately place all clean-up materials outdoors in a trash container or protected area for the next normal trash pickup.
* Wash your hands after disposing of the jars or plastic bags containing clean-up materials.
* Check with your local or state government about disposal requirements in your specific area. Some states do not allow such trash disposal. Instead, they require that broken and unbroken mercury-containing bulbs be taken to a local recycling center.
Future Cleaning of Carpeting or Rug: Air Out the Room During and After Vacuuming
* The next several times you vacuum, shut off the central forced-air heating/air conditioning system and open a window before vacuuming.
* Keep the central heating/air conditioning system shut off and the window open for at least 15 minutes after vacuuming is completed.
So, after doing all of this & ventilating the room for 2 days we now HOPE all is clear. I also spent yesterday on the phone with the health department finding out if the cleanup measures passed the mercury into my breastmilk. So, please use the energy sipping bulbs...just use them outside!
Posted by Nicole at 10:57 AM
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
Andy went for his 4 month checkup. 23 inches long, 13 pounds 13 oz. Still only in the 25th percentile for height & weight. What can I say, gene pool of hobbits! He had to get 4 shots, needless to say not a mothers favorite moment, but he did recover quickly. Dr Yee says he looks great!
Posted by Nicole at 10:54 AM
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Can you believe it? My little boy is 4 months old today. Sigh. We had a very nice day, went to Panera Bread for breakfast, played in his room, finished hanging his curtains & then took a nap. We did get an exersaucer for him-he loves it. Can't believe how much he has grown. Sigh again.
Posted by Nicole at 7:09 PM
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Have you seen this show, well Tony & I weren't sure about it at first, more like addicted to it. You know when you pass an accident & can't help but look, that is this show. It is so unique & refreshing (not a reality show, hospital show, or stupid pet tricks, etc) We are hooked. So, Tony comes running into the room telling me it is coming back on TV. I just looked it up-he's right (yeah) Starting October 1st it will be on Wednesdays on ABC. There is one drawback to the show. It is centered around a guy who is a pie maker (owns The "Pie Hole") Every time we watch we end up getting pies the next day-OK, so maybe not a drawback-Yum. So on October 1st we will be snuggled on the couch, pie in hand watching Pushing Daisies. Thanks to ABC for bringing this back to life (ha!). Visit the link to the site & watch an episode or two
Posted by Nicole at 8:18 AM
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
1. What kind of shoes are you wearing? Tennis shoes my feet & ankles have been hurting so I thought I would switch from Crocs to Tennis shoes. They are feeling better
2. Have you ever slapped someone? if so, tell me about it. Oh yeah, not my proudest moment
3. Do you use a daily face cream? If so what do you use? No, haven't you seen my wrinkles
4. What's your favorite restaurant? Bonefish
5. What's you favorite thing to order at your favorite restaurant? Bang Bang Shrimp
6. What would you order to drink at your favorite restaurant? Ice Tea
7. Could you make that same favorite dish at home? Maybe
8. What did you get in trouble for, when you were a kid? Everything
9. What really gives you the creeps? SNAKES, SNAKES, SNAKES. I HATE THEM! ONLY GOOD SNAKE IS A DEAD SNAKE!!!!!
10. Did you have a nickname in middle school or high school? No, but my grandma always called me shorty
Posted by Nicole at 5:28 PM